Visit beautiful Algonquin Park this summer and enjoy hiking, swimming and beautiful look-out points!
- Participant Ages 18+
See 2 of the most beautiful lookouts in Ontario
Have a taste of the true Northern Ontario. During this adventure, we will be exploring 2 of the most scenic lookouts in Ontario.
Restoule is one of the coolest parks in Ontario that you never heard of. It has one of our favourite hiking routes in Ontario. This 7km route explores a variety of forested areas crowned with a fantastic lookout overlooking Stormy Lake from the 100 metres tall Stormy Lake Bluffs. This hike has a couple more surprises to offer: an abandoned fire tower and a relaxing view of Amber Lake.
First, we will be visiting Arrowhead Provincial Park, where a short hike will warm us up to what is about to come. We will enjoy a magnificent view of the emblematic Big Bend River (one of the must-see places in Ontario), where you will witness erosion in action. The bend at this lookout erodes at a rate of 30 centimetres a year.
- 7:45am – Departure from Christie Subway Station (outside the Tim Hortons)
- 10:15am – Arrival at Arrowhead Provincial Park, where we will visit the Big Bend River Lookout.
- 12:15pm – hike begins at Restoule Provincial Park (a good time to eat our lunch before starting the hike). After the hiking, weather permitting, we will have time to swim.
- 4:30pm – We get ready to go back to Toronto
- 6:00pm – Dinner together in one of the restaurants in the surrounding area (not included). Location of dinner decided as a group according to dietary restrictions.
- 8:45pm – Expected arrival time to Toronto
Transportation there and back In a comfortable minivan, guided hike(s) and admission/parking at Restoule Provincial Park and Arrowhead Provincial Park.
Appropriate clothing for hiking, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, bug spray, bathing suit/towel and a hat (recommended). Please check the weather for the Algonquin Park region beforehand. You can leave unnecessary items in the van if needed. You should also bring snacks, lunch and enough water for the day.
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Masks/Face Coverings – Guests will be asked to wear masks while inside our vehicle. We ask that guests provide their own masks. If you have a medication condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, please advise us of this before your trip. We will ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE while inside the vehicle.
- Wellness Checks – Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.