Chasing Waterfalls: Niagara Escarpment
Discover Southern Ontario!
Waterfalls have captured humans’ attention for millennia…there’s just something magical about them, right?
Fortunately, a short drive outside of Toronto brings us to the Niagara Escarpment, which is home to dozens of beautiful waterfalls to explore all year round.
On this trip we will explore the southern part of the escarpment; visiting 4 falls in the Hamilton/Dundas area, a scenic 1.5 hour hike to Dundas Peak (rewarded with an incredible lookout point!) and “Devils Punch Bowl” before arriving at Niagara Falls in the evening, where it’s lit up by colourful lights!
You’ll get to enjoy waterfalls at different stages of the freezing process as well as some active time hiking through the woods. This road trip is the perfect mix between adventure, nature and discovery of small communities.
There will be countless opportunities to take great pictures or simply to lose yourself in the beautiful scenery that this trip has to offer.
Please Note: ALL TOURS ARE FINAL SALE. Tickets can be transferred to another person. Please contact us at least 72 hours before your purchased tour date to reschedule and we will do our best to accommodate you. We cannot guarantee availability in the event of rescheduling. We do not offer refunds. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- 8:45 a.m. – Departure from Christie Subway Station
- 10:30 a.m. – Arrive in Dundas, Ontario and begin our pit-stops at several waterfalls and Dundas Peak hike
- 2:30 p.m. – Stopover at Devils Punch Bowl (with lookout over Hamilton)
- 3:00 p.m. – Depart for Niagara Falls
- 4:00 p.m. – Arrive in Niagara Falls- participants typically have dinner here (not included)
- 6:00 p.m. – Depart Niagara for Toronto
- 8:00 p.m. – Arrive back to Christie Subway Station, Toronto
Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Masks/Face Coverings – Guests will be asked to wear masks while inside our vehicle. We ask that guests provide their own masks. If you have a medication condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, please advise us of this before your trip. We will ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE while inside the vehicle.
- Wellness Checks – Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
– Suitable shoes for hiking and the weather
– Weather appropriate clothing: winter parka, warm socks, hat, scarf, gloves, layered clothing, winter boots, snow pants highly recommended
– Water bottle (refillable recommended)
*PLEASE NOTE:* If the weather is mild, the waterfalls area can be very muddy – If it is very cold/snowy there will be icy and slippery conditions. Please choose your footwear accordingly!
Transportation there and back in a comfortable minivan, guided hikes and admission/parking to the conservation areas.