Lion's Head Lookout Hike
- Participant Ages 13+
Already seen and loved the Grotto? This is your next Bruce Peninsula adventure!
Get ready to traverse the scenic trails of Lion’s Head Cove, an awe-inspiring gem in the Bruce Peninsula. The route is moderately challenging, making it suitable for medium-level hikers. The trail is brimming with opportunities to capture the wonders of nature in your camera or take in the serenity with your eyes and soul.
Why Bruce Peninsula?
The Bruce Peninsula is more than just a hiker’s paradise; it’s a testament to the pristine beauty of Ontario’s natural landscape. It is an essential ecological haven home to rugged cliffs, turquoise waters, and unique flora and fauna. Whether you’re a nature lover, a bird watcher, or simply someone who appreciates the great outdoors, you’ll find yourself lost in a world of natural wonder.
About The Hike
Distance: 11.9-km loop trail
Average time to complete: 3 hours 10 minutes
Why Choose Toronto EcoAdventures?
Our small group sizes ensure personalized attention so you get the most out of your adventure. Plus, our guide isn’t just an expert in leading hikes but also a seasoned pro regarding Ontario’s geography and wilderness survival. Meet Javier, your certified guide, trained in Wilderness Advanced First Aid and wilderness survival. He’ll make sure your hike is both informative and safe.
We prioritize your safety. Our minivan is equipped with first aid essentials, and with Javier’s advanced training, you’re in capable hands. Should an emergency arise, protocols are in place to ensure immediate and effective response.
Please Note: ALL TOURS ARE FINAL SALE Tickets can be transferred to another person. Please contact us at least 72 hours before your purchased tour date to reschedule and we will do our best to accommodate you. We cannot guarantee availability in the event of rescheduling. We do not offer refunds. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- 7:45am – Departure from Christie Station. Note: if your tour is on a Sunday, the subway does not start running until 8am, shuttle busses run down Yonge Street and Bloor Street, increasing your travel time slightly.
- 11:30pm – Arrive at Lions Head trail head (we make a washroom stop before arriving)
- 11:45am – We start or hike stopping to several places to take the best pictures
- 12:45pm Arrival to one of the most beautiful lookouts in Ontario where we will relax and have our lunch. (not included)
- 3:45pm – Depart from the park
- 6:00pm – Dinner en route (not included)
- 8:30pm – Expected arrival time to Toronto, Christie Subway Station
Transportation there and back in a comfortable minivan, guided hike(s) and admission/parking at Algonquin Park.
Appropriate clothing for hiking, closed toe shoes, snacks, lunch and enough water for the day. Please check the weather for the Bruce Peninsula region beforehand. You can leave unnecessary items in the van if needed.