Algonquin Park has a rich history of being an endless source of inspiration for artists, nature lovers and outdoors enthusiasts.
Bon Echo Fall Adventure
- Participant Ages 16+
Discover this sacred place!
Bon Echo Provincial Park is located near Kaladar, Ontario (3 hours north-east of Toronto) and is home to Mazinaw Lake- Eastern Ontario’s deepest lake with a beautiful 100m rock face with fascinating indigenous pictographs viewable by boat. Autumn is an amazing time to visit Bon Echo and appreciate the colours of the changing leaves.
Once we arrive at the park, we will begin our trip with canoeing on Mazinaw Lake (weather permitting) that brings you up close to the pictographs and will give you an appreciation for the park and its geographic/ecological features. Your guide Javier is a certified canoe instructor, so you are in good hands! If we are unable to canoe we will do additional hiking and nature appreciation.
After canoeing, we will embark on the High Pines Trail, a moderate 1.7km loop that flows through a variety of forest environments. We’ll then have a chance to refuel, relax and have some time at a sandy beach with a wonderful view of Mazinaw Rock. This tour is the perfect balance of nature appreciation, learning and physical activity that we are so excited to share with you!
Please Note: ALL TOURS ARE FINAL SALE Tickets can be transferred to another person. Please contact us at least 72 hours before your purchased tour date to reschedule and we will do our best to accommodate you. We cannot guarantee availability in the event of rescheduling. We do not offer refunds. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- 6:45am – Departure from Christie Subway Station. Note: if your tour is on a Sunday, the subway does not start running until 8am, shuttle busses run down Yonge Street and Bloor Street, increasing your travel time slightly.
- 9:30am – Arrival and registration at the Visitors Centre
- 10:30am – Canoeing on Mazinaw Lake
- 12:00pm – High Pines Trail hike
- 1:30pm – Relax, refuel and time at the beach
- 3:00pm – Depart for Toronto
- 4:00pm – Dinner stop (decided as a group)
- 7:45pm – Expected arrival to Toronto, Christie Subway Station
Transportation there and back, guidance and admission/parking at Bon Echo Provincial Park. Food and snacks are NOT included.
Appropriate clothing for hiking (close toed shoes and clothes to match the local weather that day)
-Bathing suit (optional) and towel if the weather is warm
-Snacks/Lunch and plenty of water/refillable water bottle