Come discover our newest destination! Bon Echo is located near Kaladar, Ontario and is home to Mazinaw Lake- Eastern Ontario’s deepest lake.
Bon Echo Snowshoeing Adventure
- Participant Ages 13+
Bon Echo is a favourite destination for outdoor enthusiasts during the summer and autumn months, but very few people venture here during the winter. The peace and quiet you will experience make this adventure truly unique, and we are excited to begin offering winter trips here- its truly a magical spot.
Located 3 hours from downtown Toronto, we will stop on the way there for washrooms breaks as needed and to buy snacks in case you did not bring lunch. Once we arrive at the park, we will start a winter hike! You have the option of hiking in your boots or with snowshoes (we will provide the rentals for you, $15 per person) with your guide Javier giving you some tips to feel like a pro!
Our hike will takes us through:
– Bon Echo Creek,
– Bon Echo bridge (where Bon Echo creek and Mazinaw Lake converge)
– Bon Echo lagoon (we will eat our lunch here)
– Amphitheatre (great place for some creative pictures)
– The Narrows (Close up view of the legendary Mazinaw Rock)
– Bon Echo Beach (Best open view of Mazinaw Rock)
– Time permitting, we will also hike High pines trail.
Following the hike (and time permitting) we will visit the Town of Tweed where you will get some pictures of Stocco Lake. Then we will stop for dinner (not included).
7:45am – Departure from Christie Subway Station
11:00pm – Arrival and registration to the park
11:20am – Our winter hike/snowshoe begins
4:00pm – We get ready to go back to Toronto
5:45pm – Dinner together in one of the many restaurants in the surrounding area (not included). Location of dinner decided as a group.
7:45pm – Expected arrival time to Toronto
What to Bring/Wear:
- Suitable shoes for hiking and the weather
- Weather appropriate clothing: winter parka, warm socks, hat, scarf, gloves, layered clothing, winter boots, snow pants highly recommended
- Water bottle (refillable recommended)