Searching for Moose in Algonquin Park
- Participant Ages 13+
Limited Edition Spring Daytrip: Searching for Moose!
Moose are one of the most iconic animals in Canada, and seeing one in the wild is an unforgettable experience!
Algonquin Park has a very healthy population of moose and in the spring, the Highway 60 corridor through the park is a great place to spot some Algonquin moose. They love the new sprouting plants in the ditches and open areas and come out in force to feed after a long winter.
This trip will include hiking a portion of the Mizzy Lake trail and we will do several stops along highway 60 at the spots known to be popular for moose spotting. If we do not see a moose we will still have a great time hiking and exploring the beauty of this park.
Please note: Although we hope to see moose during this trip, WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE A MOOSE SPOTTING! If we encounter moose, we will view them from a safe and respectful distance and in a way that causes them the least amount of disruption.
Please Note: ALL TOURS ARE FINAL SALE. Tickets can be transferred to another person. Please contact us at least 72 hours before your purchased tour date to reschedule, and we will do our best to accommodate you. We cannot guarantee availability in the event of rescheduling. We do not offer refunds. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- 7:45am – Departure from Christie Station. Note: if your tour is on a Sunday, the subway does not start running until 8 am shuttle busses run down Yonge Street and Bloor Street, increasing your travel time slightly.
- 9:45 am – Washroom stop and a chance to buy snacks/food
- 10:45 am – Arrival and registration at the park
- 11:15am – Begin our hike at Mazzy Lake (best hike in the park for spotting wildlife). We will complete a portion of this 14km hike, making it an beginners level without much elevation
- 1:45pm – We will. be exploring the highway 60 corridor in the van, doing several stops trying to spot moose. We will visit some lookout points along the way.
- 6:00pm – Dinner together at the iconic Webers restaurant (not included)
- 8:00pm – Expected arrival time to Toronto, Christie Subway Station
Frequently Asked Questions
Transportation there and back In a comfortable minivan, guided hike(s) and admission/parking at Algonquin Park.
Appropriate clothing for hiking, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, bug spray and a hat (recommended). Please check the weather for the Algonquin Park region beforehand. You can leave unnecessary items in the van if needed. You should also bring snacks, lunch and enough water for the day.