See the impressive waterfalls of southern Ontario, including those in the Hamilton/Dundas area, Devil’s Punch Bowl, and Niagara Falls.
- Suitable shoes for hiking and the weather
- Weather appropriate clothing: winter parka, warm socks, hat, scarf, gloves, layered clothing, winter boots, snow pants highly recommended
- Water bottle (refillable recommended)
For Nature and Outdoor Enthusiasts!
Algonquin Park has a rich history of being an endless source of inspiration for artists, nature lovers and outdoors enthusiasts. In the winter, the park is transformed by snow and ice and is a truly magical place to visit!
On this road trip, we will make several stops on the way there so you can take the best pictures and appreciate the magnificent views.
Once we arrive at the park, we will start a winter hike! You have the option of hiking in your boots or with snowshoes (we will provide the rentals for you, $12 per person) with your guide Javier giving you some tips to feel like a pro!
Following the hike (and time permitting) we will visit the Algonquin Park Visitors Centre which has a viewing point, interactive museum, gift shop, washrooms and a place to have a snack.
- 7:45 a.m. – Departure from Christie Subway Station
- 12:00 p.m. – Arrival and registration to the park
- 1:00 p.m. – Our winter hike/snowshoe begins
- 4:30 p.m. – We get ready to go back to Toronto
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner together in one of the many restaurants in the surrounding area (not included). The location of dinner decided as a group.
- 9:00 p.m. – Expected arrival time to Toronto